Tier 8: Bring the Song to the Pyramid & Enter
Make your way to the Pyramid. The quickest way from the Orochi camp to the Pyramid is to die and resurrect at the Anima Well in the South Eastern corner of the map.
When you are in front of the Pyramid, the mission will update and tell you to play “The Song of the Sentinels” Do this by right clicking on it in your inventory.
After the music stops playing, head inside the pyramid, making sure to grab the lore on the way in.
I’m not going to lie, if you are in low level gear, or do not have the right abilities, this next part will be impossible. Details provided in the next section. Enter the Black Pyramid for the final encounter for Black Sun, Red Sand.
Tier 9: Defeat Akhenaten, The Black Pharaoh
(My apologies, I forgot to take Screenshots of the trash before the main boss at the end of the solo instance)
First thing is first. You enter a room and are soon swarmed by about 8 cultists. You need a lot of burst AoE and potentially a slow if you aren’t a tank. The reason for burst is because they heal themselves. The reason for a slow is because if they hit you and you don’t have a big hp pool, you will die in a few seconds. You need to face three waves of these back to back to back, and if you don’t kill them fast enough, you will have to deal with more than 1 group at a time.
Once you finish off the first three waves, you discover why you had to free so many villagers in the last two zones. They all arrive to help you! They will swarm the room and fight the rest of the enemies. I recommend going with the group that goes straight forward and running into the final bosses chamber to face Akhenaten, The Black Pharaoh.
NOTE: If you need to relog at any point during this mission and you have already made it to the final chamber, the next time you zone in you will be spawned outside the solo instance and have to repeat everything. HOWEVER, the door to the final chamber will now be open, you just hit your sprint button and make a run for the end. The trash from the entrance room will not follow you to the final encounter.
This fight is going to be easy if you can pay attention to your surroundings. The boss himself does next to zero damage to me(then again, I am in full tank gear/talents) , so you might want to bring a minor heal, but you will probably need a health potion.
He has Five things to watch out for.
1) A frontal cone attack. Standard stuff, move out of the way to avoid it.
2) He starts channeling an attack that consumes the entire inner battle arena. During the first bit of the fight, this isn’t a big deal. You have three bridges you can run across to out range it. I wanted to check if it would be instant death, and I can say that it isn’t. It does about 3k damage to my tank, but that’s enough to kill players I’ve done dungeons with, so either stack some hp just in case you don’t make it in time, or just be sure to be pro at dodging it. When his HP gets low, he will despawn 2 of the 3 bridges, leaving only 1 Up. Stay in the center whenever possible. When he begins casting, quickly look at the bridges. The ones that are about to disappear will glow white slightly before going away. If it turns white, pan your camera to the next bridge until you figure out which one will be safe. Use active dodge or teleport abilities to gain back some of the ground you lost looking for the right bridge and you should be fine.
3) He will flat out kill your character three times during the encounter. When he does, you need to click a statue to come back to life. Each Statue you click will either give you a buff, or debuff the boss.
<Please leave a comment with what statue gave you what buff / debuff so that I can compile and post a list here>
Statue of Thutmose – Crit/Hit/Penetration Buff
Statue of Moutemouia – Strong Health Leech Effect
Statue of Mountnefer – Channels boss to deal damage
Statue of Houy – Heals you
Statue of Nefertari – Defensive Buff
Statue of Hemitnemer – Lowers Boss’ Defenses
Every time you come back from the “death”, your hp is restored to full.
4) After he has killed you twice, he will start ocasionally casting a giant purple beam and rotate. Those of you that have ever played a Diablo game will recognize this move as it is exatly the same thing, except for the fact that it doesn’t follow you, but goes in a predictable circle. I also stood in this to see how much damage it did. As a tank, the damage was negligible.
5) After X time passes, the boss will go into evil tentacle monster mode. The red circle on the floor under him spreads. I stayed out of it and killed him before it touched me or forced me out, but I cannot imagine anything good happening if it touches you. Once you defeat him, watch a short cut-scene and you will be teleported outside the Pyramid, ready to continue in your adventures.
A showcase of lore and the area for Black Sun, Red Sand Tier 10 can be found here.
For Illuminati, the next mission is Mainframe, you can find the guide here.
See our complete list of guides, solutions and walkthroughs by clicking here.